Monday, August 13, 2012

College files: Healthy Fast Breakfast

Rice cooker $5 Garage Sell




Working this summer at a day camp has forced me to get up at the crack of ass and supervise children full of energy and questions.   While I had a great experience at the local Youth Center I had to figure out a way to keep my belly full of goodness.  Usually I diss breakfast because I lack the time to make it.  However nowadays I'm trying to eat a bit more healthier.  But sometimes this requires me to prep the food.  Oatmeal take a helluva long time to cook, so after starting at my rice cooker then back at my oatmeal then back at my rice cooker I googled my epiphany and went to work.  If you want a quick healthy meal in a matter of 8 mins try this recipe:

Procedures:
1. Fill interior of rice cooker with oatmeal(I used old fashion, quick oats might burn but hey try it)
2.  Next Fill pot with water  a bit over the oats
3. Finally press the cook button and the watch the magic, stir occasionally
*DONT PUT PUT COVER ON POT* (This will result in spillage and hella cleaning up)
4. Once done add toppings and max!

Till Next Time,
Sha' Mia

No comments:

Post a Comment